Sendmarc is a company registered in South Africa with company number 2018/336082/07 whose registered office is at 1 Sturdee Avenue, Rosebank, 2196, Johannesburg, South Africa.
This is a statement to tell you our policy about all information that we record about you. It covers both information that could identify you and information that could not.
We are extremely concerned to protect your privacy and confidentiality. We understand that all users of our web site are quite rightly concerned to know that their data will not be used for any purpose unintended by them, and will not accidentally fall into the hands of a third party.
Our policy is both specific and strict. It complies with the South African law and if you think our policy falls short of your expectations or that we are failing to abide by our policy, do please tell us.
We regret that if there are one or more points below with which you are not happy, your only recourse is to leave our web site immediately.
Except as set out below, we do not share, or sell, or disclose to a third party, any personally identifiable information collected at this site.
1. Data Collection
How We Collect Information
To the extent permissible under applicable law, we collect information about you and any other party whose details
you provide us when you:
- Complete our online contact form. These details may include your name, address, email address, telephone number, company name and company size. We may also ask you to provide additional information about yourself and your preferences;
- Interact with us using social media;
- Provide your contact details to us when accessing or registering to use any websites, applications, or services we make available, or when you update those details; and/or
- Contact us offline, for example, by telephone, SMS, email, or post
What We Do with Your Information ?
When you interact with our website, as part of the online communication process, we collect the personal information you give us such as your name, phone number, and email address.
When you browse our website, we may also automatically receive and store certain personally non-identifiable information (“Log Data”). This Log Data includes your computer’s internet protocol (IP) address, browser type or the domain from which you are visiting, the site pages you visit, the search terms you use, and any advertisements on which you click. This is information that helps us learn about your browser and operating system. For most users accessing the Internet from an Internet service provider, the IP address will be different every time you log on. We use Log Data to provide you with the services and pool it with other information to monitor the use of the services, and for the technical administration of the services. We do not associate your IP address with any other Personal Information to identify you personally, except in cases where we are asked to comply with a subpoena or other legal demand or where we suspect that there has been a violation of our policies, our Terms of Service and/or applicable law.
Email marketing (if applicable): With your permission, we may send you emails about our website, new products, our company and other updates.
To the extent permissible under applicable law, we use your information to:
- Provide any information about our products that you have requested;
- Manage our relationship with you (e.g.: via customer services and support activities);
- Monitor, measure, improve, and protect our content, website, applications and services, and provide an enhanced, personal, user experience for you;
- Undertake internal testing of our website, applications, systems and services to improve their security and performance. In these circumstances, we anonymise any information used;
- Provide you with any information that we are required to send you to comply with our regulatory or legal obligations;
- Detect, prevent, investigate, or remediate crime, illegal, or prohibited activities, or to otherwise protect our legal rights (including liaison with regulators and law enforcement agencies for these purposes);
- Contact you to find out if you would like to take part in any of our further customer research (e.g.: feedback on your use of our products, and services);
- To monitor, carry out statistical analysis and benchmarking, provided that in such circumstances, it is on an aggregated basis, which will not be linked back to you or any living individual;
- Deliver targeted advertising, marketing, or information to you, which may be useful to you, based on your use of our products;
- Deliver joint content and services with third parties with whom you have a separate relationship (e.g.: social media providers); and
- Provide you with location-based services (e.g.: advertising and other personalised content), where we collect geo-location data.
How We Obtain Your Consent ?
When you provide us with personal information via one of our online touch points (such as a web form, platform input, lead form, social lead), you consent to our collecting it and using it only for the reason for which you sent us your information.
Where we ask for your personal information for a secondary reason, like marketing or research, we will either ask you directly for your expressed consent, or provide you with an opportunity to say no.
How to Withdraw Your Consent ?
If you change your mind after you have opted in, you may withdraw your consent for us to contact you, collect more information, use, or disclose your information, at any time, by contacting us at:
- Sendmarc (Pty) Ltd (Registration number: 2018/336082/07)
- Contact number: (010) 900 0972
- Email address: [email protected]
- Address: 1 Sturdee Avenue, Rosebank, 2196, Johannesburg, South Africa
We may disclose your personal information if we are required to do so by law or if you violate our general terms and conditions.
3. Third Party Services
In general, the third-party providers used by us will only collect, use, and disclose your information to the extent necessary to allow them to perform the services they provide us.
For these providers, we recommend that you read their privacy policies, so you can understand the way in which your personal information will be handled by these providers.
We may share your information with third-party platform providers (such as Facebook, LinkedIn, Google, and Twitter) to serve targeted advertising / content to you via the relevant third-party platform, based on your profile / interests.
Your information is used by the third-party platform provider to identify your account and serve advertisements to you. You can control what advertisements you receive via the privacy settings on the relevant provider’s platform and you should consult the third party’s help / support centre for more information.
When you click on links on our site, they may direct you away from our site. We are not responsible for the privacy practices of other sites and encourage you to read their privacy statements.
Information we obtain from third Parties
Although we do not disclose your personal information to any third party (except as set out in this notice), we do receive data which is indirectly made up from your personal information, from software services such as Google Analytics and others. No such information is identifiable to you.
We may use re-marketing from time to time. This involves Google or some other supplier placing a tag or marker on your website in order to be able to serve to you an advert for our products / services when you visit some other website.
4. Financial Information on your credit/ debit card
This information is never taken by us either through our website or otherwise. At the point of payment, you are transferred to a secure page on the website PayFast or PayPal. That page may be addressed in our “livery”, but it is not controlled by us. Our staff and contractors never have access to it or any information submitted via It.
5. Financial Information about Debits
When you have agreed to set up a direct debit arrangement, the information you have given to us is passed to our debit order processing company SagePay or some other reputable payment service provider for processing according to our instructions. We do not keep a copy.
To protect your personal information, we take reasonable precautions and follow industry best practices to make sure it is not inappropriately lost, misused, accessed, disclosed, altered, or destroyed.
We keep your information secure by taking appropriate technical and organisational measures against its unauthorised or unlawful processing and against its accidental loss, destruction, or damage. We do our best to protect your personal information, but we cannot guarantee the security of your information if it is transmitted to our
website, applications, or services, or to other websites, applications, and services, via an internet or similar connection.
If you provide us with your personal information, the information is encrypted using secure socket layer technology (SSL). Although no method of transmission over the internet or electronic storage is 100% secure, we follow and implement additional generally accepted industry standards.
Cookies are small text files that are placed on your computer’s hard drive through your web browser when you visit any web site. They are widely used to make web sites work, or work more efficiently, as well as to provide information to the owners of the site.
Like all other users of cookies, we may request the return of information from your computer when your browser requests a web page from our server. Cookies enable our web server to identify you to us, and to track your actions and the pages you visit while you use our website. The cookies we use may last for a single visit to our site (they are deleted from your computer when you close your browser) or may remain on your computer until you delete them or until a defined period of time has passed.
- to allow essential parts of our web site to operate for you.
- to operate our content management system.
- to operate the online notification form – the form that you use to contact us for any reason. This cookie
is set on your arrival at our web site and deleted when you close your browser.
- to enhance security on our contact form. It is set for use only through the contact form. This cookie is deleted when you close your browser.
- to collect information about how visitors use our site. We use the information to improve your experience of our site and enable us to increase sales. This cookie collects information in an anonymous form, including the number of visitors to the site, where visitors have come to the site from, and the pages they visited.
- to record that a user has viewed a webcast. It collects information in an anonymous form. This cookie expires when you close your browser.
- to record your activity during a web cast. An example is as to whether you have asked a question or provided an opinion by ticking a box. This information is retained so that we can serve your information to you when you return to the site. This cookie will record an anonymous ID for each user, but it will not use the information for any other purpose. This cookie will last for three months, when it will delete automatically.
- to store your personal information so that you do not have to provide it afresh when you visit the site next time. This cookie will last for 90 days.
- to enable you to watch videos we have placed on YouTube. YouTube will not store personally identifiable cookie information when you use YouTube’s privacy-enhanced mode.
8. Data may be processed outside of South Africa
We may share your personal information with third parties outside of South Africa. Whenever we transfer your personal information out of South Africa, we will ensure that anyone with whom we share your personal information will treat it with the same level of protection that we are obliged to.
10. Questions and contact information
If you would like to access, correct, amend, or delete any personal information we have about you, register a complaint, or simply want more information, please contact our Privacy department using the details below:
Contact number: (010) 900 0972
Email address: [email protected]
Physical address: 1 Sturdee Avenue, Rosebank, 2196, Johannesburg, South Africaplaints
If you are unhappy with how we have used your personal information and believe it to be contrary to data protection laws, please get in touch with us immediately.
If you are not satisfied with the outcome of our dispute resolution process, you have the right to lodge a complaint with the Information Regulator using the contact details listed below:
Contact number: 012 406 4818
Email address: [email protected]